Under Health Canada’s program, tens of thousands Canadians are legal to possess and use medical medicinal cannabis. When used as as part of a health care strategy Cannabis for Therapeutic Purposes (CTP) is an effective and safe alternative to other pharmaceuticals. The decision to prescribe medicinal Cannabis is made solely by a Medical Doctor (MD) in consultation with the patient.
Our counsellors will evaluate patient eligibility through a pre-examination questionnaire, medical document acquisition and patient interview. In most cases our physicians require a referral – but if you do not have a physician or if this is not possible please contact one of our educators.
Following the patient/physician consultation, patients will work with one of our educators and a decision will be made as to which Licensed Producer (L.P.), strain or oil best suits their needs. Recommendations will be made based on medical history, patient consultants, the patients previous cannabis experience and physician oversight.
Conditions treated by Medicinal Cannabis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Injury/Disease
- Cancer & Cancer treatments
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Pain & Nausea
- Alzheimer&’s Disease
- Colitis & Crohn’s Disease
- Irritable Bowl Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Muscle Spasms
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Anxiety & Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- TCN is not a dispensary and therefore does not inventory or provide medication.
- TCN cannot provide patients with a family physician or specialist to provide primary care.
- TCN can provide you with a physician from one of our clinics that will review your pre-existing
medical history and determine your eligibility.
- TCN can provide education, complete your medical documentation and register you with the
Licensed Producer of your choice.