Canadian Military Veterans and RCMP have NO CHARGE access to Medicinal Cannabis. Between April and September 2016, Veterans Affairs spent approximately $31 million on cannabis for medical purposes, $10 million more than the previous year.

The Clinic Network educators will provide insight regarding relevant strains and extracts available to assist with your ailment.

The Clinic Network educators will provide the necessary guidance paperwork required by Veterans Affairs to bill them directly for your medicine.

The Clinic Network physicians, educators and affiliated personal are dedicated to supporting veterans from coast to coast. Our team includes specialists in Rhematology, Psychiatry, Pain Management and Family Medicine, whom are supported by alternative disciplines, including chiropractic treatment, massage therapy and dietary specialists.


Frequently Asked Questions

Veterans Affairs provides FREE coverage of all out-of-pocket expenses including private clinic charges, provincial health care costs, medication costs and vaporizer purchases, once you have been approved.

Veterans Affairs policy on cannabis for medical purpose establishes a limit of 3 grams/day of dried cannabis, or an equivalent amount of oil extract. VAC has also established a maximum rate of up to $8.50/gram, whether taken in dried form or equivalent oil. (Licensed Producers offer equivalency tables on their websites, per Health Canada regulations)

The reduction to a maximum coverage of 3 grams/day was based on consultations with Veterans, Licensed Producers and physicians.

Existing beneficiaries can switch from dried cannabis to cannabis oil at any time during the authorization period, as stated on their medical document

Our team of health care professionals at The Clinic Network have assisted hundreds of veterans across the country – we will be glad to help. Please contact us at 1 (855) 462-3646, or click on the HELP Button found at the top of this page.

The information/documentation outlined below is when submitting your claim to VAC.

  • Your name and client ID number (K number);
  • Information from your health care practitioner which confirms the diagnosis for which the cannabis is being authorized
  • A copy of your completed medical document required under Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations
  • A copy of your completed and confirmed registration with a Licensed Producer (LP)

Requests for more than 3 grams per day are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. VAC’s target for responding to exceptional approval requests is 30 calendar days.

No. VAC’s reimbursement policy allows for reimbursement of dried medicinal cannabis and cannabis oil when it is purchased from a Health Canada approved Licensed Producer (LP) only.

Eligible Veterans authorized to use cannabis for medical purposes by a health care practitioner can use their medical document to register with any Licensed Producer (LP). If you have any questions on registering with a Licensed Producer, please visit the Health Canada website or call toll-free at 1 (866) 337-7705.